The beautiful city of South Korea will host the 23rd version of Winter Olympics that is starting on 9th February .The amazon firestick users can now watch the live coverage of Winter Olympics 2018 without any difficulty.
Below in our guide we have provided two free methods and one paid method. You will need a VPN for watching the Winter Olympics 2018 free of cost on FireStick. However with a subscription you may not need a VPN.
Watch Winter Olympics 2018 on NBC by using A VPN (Method 1)
By using a VPN, you can bypass the regional restrictions hassle that is imposed by different broadcasters of Winter Olympics 2018. The following steps will guide you how to download and install the NBC sports app.
Step 1:- First, go to the official Amazon app store from your firestick.
Step 2:- Now Search for the NBC sports app then open the exclusive page of NBC sports app.
Step 3:- Now download the NBC sports app by clicking on Download.
Step 4:- Click on “My apps” and your application will appear under the order A-Z.
You still may need to use a VPN to find a way around the region blocking principle applied by NBC network. Finally, you can now watch your favorite games like Freestyle Skiing or Snow Boarding on your firestick.
Watch Winter Olympics 2018 by using Kodi Add-on (with subscription)
This method will guide you how to Watch Winter Olympics 2018 on your firestick with Kodi add-ons.
Note: If you are getting confused, please read our previous article How to install Kodi on firestick.
• First launch Kodi on your firestick then Go to Add-ons.
- Select the Box icon located in the top left corner.
- Now click on Install from repository option then scroll down and select Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Now click on Video Add-ons
- Select NBC Sports Live Extra then click on install.
- To view this add-on go back to Kodi Main menu then Select Add-ons->Tap on Video Add-ons->NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Now select Live and Upcoming -> Then Select the option Watch the Olympic Channel-> It will now ask for the authorization of device, tap on Yes.
• Now it will ask you to visit NBC Sports Activate Website where you will need to enter the code which will be provided in this box.
- Once you have subscribed to NBC Sports, you can then watch Winter Olympics 2018 on Kodi using firestick.
Watch Winter Olympics 2018 by using Kodi Krypton Version 17.6 on Firestick (without subscription):-
- First, launch Kodi Krypton on your firestick > Now just go to Add-ons section > Then just Scroll down to the downloads section.
• Tap on video add-ons > Then select Iplayer WWW > Now click on Install.
- Now go back to Kodi Main Menu > Select Add-ons > Tap on Video Add-ons.
- Now click on Iplayer WWW Kodi add-on.
- Here you will see many BBC channels. If you live outside the UK clicking on any channel will show you a message ‘BBC iPlayer TV programs are available to play in the UK only.’
- Upon connecting to any Kodi Vpn, you can easily connect to a UK server and watch Winter Olympics from one of the BBC channels. No subscription will be needed as BBC is free to air broadcaster.
Watch Winter Olympics 2018 by using Kodi Jarvis Version 16 on Firestick(without subscription):-
- First open Kodi Jarvis on your firestick then click on
- Now click on Add-ons then select Install from repository.
- Tap on Kodi Add-on repository then select Video Add-ons
- Click on iPlayer WWW then press
- Now just go to Kodi home then Open Iplayer WWW.
- If you click on any channels now and you live outside UK then it will display this message “BBC Iplayer Only works in UK”
- You will need to connect to a VPN and select a UK server then the channel will stream perfectly.
Winter Olympics 2018 will take place in the beautiful city PyeongChang located in South Korea. In this article we have guided how to watch Winter Olympics 2018 on your firestick. In this article we have discussed how to watch Winter Olympics with and without subscription (free of cost). We hope that this article was useful to you.