Update: SKY GO app for FireStick is not currently working. If you want to get notified as to when this app is up and running again, please let us know in the comment section. You can also try to watch Live TV on FireStick for free.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to watch Sky Channels on FireStick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
Sky has been around for a very long time, providing entertainment through different services.
The most popular is its digital satellite television services but in recent times, the popularity of its media streaming service has also shot through the roof.
Sky includes movie channels, sports channels, documentary channels, kid channels, news channels, etc that keep its more than 1 million subscribers hooked to the service.
The app is not available on Amazon Store but is available through the help of Kodi (recommended) and with an APK, which is what we’re going to cover in this guide.
Before you begin, read this first…
Sky Go is only available in the UK, Ireland, and New Zealand. If you happen to live outside of these regions, then you need to use a VPN. We recommend using Surfshark VPN.
Method 1: How to Install Sky Go with a Kodi Add-on
Once you’ve done that, follow these steps:
1. Open Kodi on your FireStick, and go to Settings
2. Click on System
3. Select the Add-ons menu on the left-side menu and then Turn ON Unknown Sources
4. Click Yes when the box appears
5. Go back one step and click on File Manager
6. Select Add Source
7. A box will pop up so click on the ‘None’ option
8. Now type this URL https://k.slyguy.xyz and click OK
9. Name this URL as Sky or any name you like and click OK
10. Now go back one step and select Add-ons
11. Select Install from Zip File
12. A box will open so click on Sky or any name you had given to that link in Step 8
13. Select repository.slyguy.zip
14. Wait a few minutes until the repository is now installed. An icon will appear at the top menu
15. Once installed, select Install from Repository
16. Then select Sly Guy Repository from the list
17. Click on Video Add-ons
18. Then select Sky Go
19. Press Install
20. Click OK and then click on Sky Go once again
21. Click on Open
22. Now Login with your email and password!
Method 2: How to Install Sky Go on FireStick
1. Click on ‘Settings’ on the very right of the menu bar on the top of your FireStick home screen
2. In the Settings menu, click on ‘My Fire TV’
3. In the ‘My Fire TV’ menu on the next screen, click on ‘Developer options’
4. Click on the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ option
5. Click on the ‘Turn On’
Note: Sky Go is the official app of Sky digital TV services and therefore, won’t cause any harm to your device.
6. Now, go back to FireStick Home on your device and click on the Search icon
7. Type ‘Downloader’ in the search bar and click on the search result that appears
8. Click on the ‘Downloader’ tab from the list
9. Click on ‘Download’
10. After installation is complete, click on ‘Open’
11. On the Downloader home page, enter this URL bit.ly/sky-channel and click Go
12. Click Download APK and wait for the download to complete
13. Click on ‘Next’
14. Click on ‘Install’
15. Click on ‘Open’
How to Use Sky Go on FireStick
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to use Sky Go on FireStick:
1. Subscribe to Surfshark and connect to the UK server on your FireStick
2. Long press the Home button on FireStick remote and click on Apps
3. Select the Sky Go app from the list
4. Enter Sky Go email address and password
5. Enjoy streaming Sky Go from anywhere!
Sky Go Features
- Sky Go has a huge library of over 70 live TV channels across a wide variety of genres to satisfy the entertainment preferences of all of its users.
- The on-demand content available on the app has titles from over 30 channels and in total 80 seasons of shows with the highest viewer ratings over the years.
- Sky Go lets you register up to five devices at once and your FireStick can be the one device that all of your family members use for a shared streaming experience.
- With Sky Go’s ‘Download To Go’ feature, you can download most of the content on the app directly to your Fire device and watch it offline depending on your convenience.
- All of the content is available in Standard Definition (SD) with an optimized resolution so your streaming is further enhanced thanks to your TV screen’s large display.
- The choice to switch between low and high-quality video accommodates your internet speed so you don’t have to waste your precious time waiting for buffering to end on days you are experiencing low bandwidth.
Sky Go Alternatives
Following apps bring a vast collection of live TV channels and different on-demand shows to your TV screens using the FireStick device.
- DStv on FireStick
- Live Sports on FireStick
- Ola TV on FireStick
- FreeFlix HQ
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sky Go cost?
Sky Go is free for all Sky users. All customers with a Sky Box are able to enjoy Sky Go without any extra charges.
The minimum subscription required to watch Sky Go is the Sky Starter package.
Which TV shows and channels can I watch on FireStick through Sky Go?
There are almost 80 seasons of different shows to choose from however, how many you have access to, depends on your individual Sky subscription.
Can I watch stream Sky Go on more than one device simultaneously?
Unfortunately, no. Although you can have a maximum of five devices registered to your Sky Go account, you can only watch it on any one of those devices at any given moment.
This guide breaks down the detailed procedure of watching Sky channels on FireStick into easy steps so now you got no excuse to deny yourself this option of pure entertainment.
We hope you follow this guide to get Sky Go and open the portal to high-quality and binge-worthy TV content.