This is a step-by-step guide on how to watch Sky Channels on FireStick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
Sky has been around for a very long time, providing entertainment through different channels.
The most popular is its digital satellite television services but in recent times, the popularity of its media streaming service has also shot through the roof.
Sky includes movie channels, sports channels, documentary channels, kid channels, news channels, etc that keep its more than 1 million subscribers hooked to the service.
The app is not available on Amazon Store but is available with the help of the Live Net TV app that brings you 23+ Sky Channels ranging from Sky Sports Italia, Germany, Atlantic, and Box Office, to Action, Arena, Main Event, Mix, etc.
Before you begin, read this first…
This method is absolutely free to watch Sky Go channels and that would strictly require you to install a VPN on your FireStick to stay protected while streaming. We recommend using Surfshark VPN.
Method 1: How to Watch Sky Channels on FireStick
This is our recommended method. Before we begin, make sure to install and use Surfshark VPN on FireStick if you want your IP address protected at all times for watching free content.
Once you’ve done that, follow these steps:
1. Click on ‘Settings’ on the very right of the menu bar on the top of your FireStick home screen
2. In the Settings menu, click on ‘My Fire TV’
3. In the ‘My Fire TV’ menu on the next screen, click on ‘Developer options’
4. Click on the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ option
5. Click on the ‘Turn On’
Note: Sky Go is the official app of Sky digital TV services and therefore, won’t cause any harm to your device.
6. Now, go back to FireStick Home on your device and click on the Search icon
7. Type ‘Downloader’ in the search bar and click on the search result that appears
8. Click on the ‘Downloader’ tab from the list
9. Click on ‘Download’
10. After installation is complete, click on ‘Open’
11. On the Downloader home page, enter this URL livenettv.bz and click Go
12. Scroll down to select Download for Android and wait for the APK to download
13. Click on Install
14. Click on ‘Open’
15. This is the interface of the app so click on the search icon
16. Type Sky
17. You will find many Sky channels to stream
18. Click any one of those channels i.e. Sky Action Movies
20. Enjoy streaming!
How to Use Sky Go on FireStick
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to use Sky Go on FireStick:
1. Subscribe to Surfshark and connect to the UK/US server on your FireStick
2. Long press the Home button on FireStick remote and click on Apps
3. Select the Sky Go app from the list
4. Enter Sky Go email address and password
5. Enjoy streaming Sky Go from anywhere!
Sky Go Features
- Sky Go has a huge library of over 70 live TV channels across a wide variety of genres to satisfy the entertainment preferences of all of its users.
- The on-demand content available on the app has titles from over 30 channels and in total 80 seasons of shows with the highest viewer ratings over the years.
- Sky Go lets you register up to five devices at once and your FireStick can be the one device that all of your family members use for a shared streaming experience.
- With Sky Go’s ‘Download To Go’ feature, you can download most of the content on the app directly to your Fire device and watch it offline depending on your convenience.
- All of the content is available in Standard Definition (SD) with an optimized resolution so your streaming is further enhanced thanks to your TV screen’s large display.
- The choice to switch between low and high-quality video accommodates your internet speed so you don’t have to waste your precious time waiting for buffering to end on days you are experiencing low bandwidth.
Sky Go Alternatives
Following apps bring a vast collection of live TV channels and different on-demand shows to your TV screens using the FireStick device.
- DStv on FireStick
- Live Sports on FireStick
- Ola TV on FireStick
- FreeFlix HQ
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sky Go cost?
Sky Go is free for all Sky users. All customers with a Sky Box are able to enjoy Sky Go without any extra charges.
The minimum subscription required to watch Sky Go is the Sky Starter package.
Which TV shows and channels can I watch on FireStick through Sky Go?
There are almost 80 seasons of different shows to choose from however, how many you have access to, depends on your individual Sky subscription.
Can I watch stream Sky Go on more than one device simultaneously?
Unfortunately, no. Although you can have a maximum of five devices registered to your Sky Go account, you can only watch it on any one of those devices at any given moment.
This guide breaks down the detailed procedure of watching Sky channels on FireStick into easy steps so now you got no excuse to deny yourself this option of pure entertainment.
We hope you follow this guide to get Sky Go and open the portal to high-quality and binge-worthy TV content.