Sky has been around for a very long time, providing entertainment through different services.
The most popular is its digital satellite television services but in recent times, the popularity of its media streaming service has also shot through the roof.
Sky includes movie channels, sports channels, documentary channels, kid channels, news channels etc. that keep its more than 1 million subscribers hooked to the service.
If you would want to watch Sky channels on FireStick, this guide got you covered!
Sky Go is Sky’s video streaming app that gives you access to Sky content on your device. And your streaming experience becomes even better if that device is none other than your FireStick.
With Sky Go, you can not only stream your favorite live Sky TV channels live, you can also choose from a wide variety of on-demand content whether it is an old favorite or a new pick.
Warning: Streaming content without using a VPN can put your digital security at risk. It’s important to have a VPN subscription that can mask your identity online. We recommend SurfShark which boasts a kill-switch feature and zero-logs policy.
How to Install Sky Goon FireStick
- Click on ‘Settings’ on the very right of the menu bar on the top of your FireStick home screen.
- In the Settings menu, click on ‘Device’. On some devices, it may be called ‘My Fire TV’.
- In the ‘Device’ menu on the next screen, click on ‘Developer options’.
- Click on ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ option to turn it on.
- Click on the ‘Turn On’ Sky Go is the official app of Sky digital TV services and therefore, won’t cause any harm to your device.
- Now, go back to the home onyour device.
- Click on the search icon on the left of the menu bar.
- Type ‘Downloader’ in the search bar.
- Select ‘Downloader’ from the search results.
- On the next screen, click on the ‘Downloader’ tab in the ‘Apps & Games’ menu.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Download will start and once downloading process is complete, device will proceed to and complete installing the app.
- After installation is complete, click on ‘Open’.
- On Downloader home page, enter the following URL https://bit.ly/2sOUxV2.
- Click on ‘Go’.
- The file download will begin.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Install’.
- Click on ‘Open’.
How to Use Sky Go on FireStick
Visit the following link https://bit.ly/36qGt3G and get yourself registered for Sky Go app. Login to Sky Go on FireStick using your login credentials and enjoy!
Sky Go on FireStick Features
- Sky Go has a huge library of over 70 live TV channels across a wide variety of genres to satisfy the entertainment preferences of all of its users.
- The on-demand content available on the app has titles from over 30 channels and in total 80 seasons of shows with the highest viewer ratings over the years.
- Sky Go lets you register up to five devices at once and your FireStick can be the one device that all of your family members use for a shared streaming experience.
- With Sky Go’s ‘Download To Go’ feature, you can download most of the content on the app directly to your Fire device and watch it offline depending on your convenience.
- All of the content is available in Standard Definition (SD) with an optimized resolution so your streaming is further enhanced thanks to your TV screen’s large display.
- The choice to switch between low and high quality video accommodates your internet speed so you don’t have to waste your precious time waiting for buffering to end on days you are experiencing low bandwidth.
Sky Go on FireStick Alternatives
Following apps bring a vast collection of live TV channels and different on-demand shows to your TV screens using FireStick device.
- DStv on FireStick
- Spectrum TV on FireStick
- TVTap on FireStick
- FreeFlix HQ
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Sky Go cost?
Sky Go is free for all Sky users. All customers with a Sky Box are able to enjoy Sky Go without any extra charges.
The minimum subscription required to watch Sky Go is Sky Starter package.
Which TV shows and channels can I watch on FireStick through Sky Go?
There are almost 80 seasons of different shows to choose from however, how many you have access to, depends on your individual Sky subscription.
Can I watch stream Sky Go on more than one device simultaneously?
Unfortunately, no. Although, you can have a maximum of five devices registered to your Sky Go account, you can only watch it on any one of those devices at any given moment.
This guide breaks down the detailed procedure of watching Sky channels on FireStick into easy steps so now you got no excuse to deny yourself this option of pure entertainment. We hope you follow this guide to get Sky Go and open the portal to high-quality and binge-worthy TV content.