This is a step-by-step guide on how to install VLC player for FireStick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
It is a free and open-source multimedia player that plays most files that appears on FireStick apps.
Since the VLC app is easily available on the Amazon Store, you can search for the app and download it from there. For new users, I will discuss the entire process with images.
Your Internet Service Provider is continuously monitoring your online activity and everything you stream over your Fire TV Stick device. It is strictly advised that you use a VPN on your FireStick device.
ExpressVPN is our recommended choice because it completely hides your IP address and keeps your online identity anonymous while you watch movies on VLC Player.
Get ExpressVPN today to enjoy 3 extra months free. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee policy that allows you to access all features risk-free for 30 days
How to Install VLC Media Player on FireStick
Now we will go through the steps which will help you install VLC Media Player on Firestick.
Step 1: Open Firestick Home
Step 2: Click on the Find tab and then Click on Search Icon
Step 3: Now you need to type ‘VLC’ and click on the first result that appears
Step 4: Click on the VLC for Fire TV app you see in this image
Step 5: Click on the Download or Get button that appears
Step 6: Once the installation ends, select Open
Step 7: Once the app is opened, it will look something like this
Step 8: Feel free to play any media file on it and start streaming!
How to Use VLC Media Player
Here are the steps through which you can integrate VLC media player while watching Movies and TV Shows:
1. Open any streaming app and click on the 3 horizontal lines on the top-left corner
2. Now click on Settings
3. Click on the Choose Default Player in the General Settings
4. Select VLC player
Your VLC player will now be integrated with any streaming app.
VLC Media Player Features
Have a look at the features when you install the VLC player:
- It is absolutely free to use. Also, it is an open-source media player, which means it can run any media file.
- It supports various audio and video file formats and can play DVD ISOs, network streams, and many other formats
- For Fire TV Stick, VLC supports MP4, AVI, AAC, Wv, TS, and Ogg files. All the codes are included in it and there is no need for separate downloads or to convert a file.
- VLC Media Player also includes a separate media library for both audio and video files. They can be browsed easily from FireStick.
- VLC Media Player app does not need any code packs as it easily plays most of the codes including MKV, MP3, WebM, and many more.
Alternatives of VLC Player
I have listed some other media players that you can use instead / along with VLC Player on Firestick. These alternatives are:
- MX Player on Firestick
- Perfect Player on Firestick
- Lime Player on Firestick
- iMplayer on Firestick
- SO Player on Firestick
FAQs – VLC Player
What Devices Can VLC Player be Installed On?
VLC is compatible with tons of devices including Firestick, Android, iOS, Windows, and more. It is easily available on various official App Stores like Amazon, Google Play, etc
Is VLC Media Player safe?
Yes. VLC is a safe external video player that works with tons of streaming apps and APKs. You can integrate it with tons of free and premium streaming apps.
How do I Install VLC Media Player on other devices?
You can install VLC on a number of devices including Fire TV Stick 4k through these, as these steps are similar for nearly any device imaginable.
Is VLC Player Free?
Yes. VLC is a 100% free media player that is easy to download on your preferred device.
The VLC player is definitely a great app to use on Fire TV Stick because it runs all types of audio and video files. But most importantly, it is free of cost. It is easy to install VLC for FireStick since it is available on the Amazon app store. You just have to search for it and start downloading.
We hope that this blog provided you with the valuable information you were looking for. So just follow these easy steps that we have mentioned in the guide.