This article is a godsend for football fans who use FireStick because we will tell you how to watch Optus Sport apk on FireStick no matter where you are on the globe.
Optus Sport is a streaming channel which airs football, football and only football! You can watch Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Europa League, FIFA matches, you name it and it will be on Optus Sport!
Apart from football matches, there is other football related content on it as well such as pre-match conferences, interviews, shows, reviews and highlights that would make football fans want to not turn their TV off ever.
You can also get to know about weekly fixtures and future matches so you never miss out on a football fan moment. And the best part is that you can get all of this and more for free!
So let’s not waste any more time and get Optus Sport installed on your device!
How to Install Optus Sport on FireStick
Some of the first steps will tell you how to install a VPN (SurfShark) on your device so you can watch Opus Sport from anywhere in the world despite the geo-restrictions.
- Open your FireStick home screen.
- Go to the Search icon to get a VPN.
- Type ‘SurfShark’ in the space given.
- Click on ‘SurfShark’ in the search results.
- Go to the ‘Apps & Games’
- Select the Surfshark tab.
- Click on ‘Get’ to start installing SurfShark.
- App will begin to download.
- Installation will begin after downloading is finished.
- Click on ‘Open’ button to launch SurfShark.
- Go to https://order.surfshark.com/.
- Register for SurfShark and subscribe to a plan.
- Login using the credentials you registered with.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
Note: An Australian server will allow you to access Optus Sport even if you are not located in Australia, which is why it is essential to use a VPN outside Australia.
A VPN is also necessary to protect yourself from malware and attacks on your privacy from hackers, your ISP and government.
Therefore, it is recommended that you use a reliable VPN such as SurfShark at all times when using free streaming apps on FireStick.
A VPN service works by hiding your IP address that prevents others from tracking your online activity.
- Go back to the home screen.
- Click on the ‘Settings’
- The ‘Settings’ menu will open.
- Click on ‘Device’ (or ‘My Fire TV’ in some devices).
- The ‘Device’ menu will open.
- Click on ‘Developer options’.
- Click on ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’
- Click on the ‘Turn On’
- Now, go back to the home
- Click on the search icon.
- Type ‘Downloader’ in the search bar.
- Select ‘Downloader’ from the search results.
- The ‘Apps & Games’ list will open.
- Click on the ‘Downloader’ tab.
- Click on ‘Download’.
- Download will start.
- Installation will start after download ends.
- Click on ‘Open’ after installation ends.
- Downloader home page will open.
- Type in the following URL https://firestickhacks.com/file/Optus.
- Click on ‘Go’.
- The file download will begin.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Install’.
How to Use Optus Sport on FireStick
- Go to FireStick home screen.
- Go to ‘Your Apps & Channels’
- Scroll the list until the right end.
- Click on the ‘Optus Sport’ tab to open it.
- OR scroll left on ‘Your Apps & Channels’ list.
- Click on ‘See All’.
- Go to the end of the list.
- Place your cursor over ‘Optus Sport’ tab.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button on the FireStick remote.
- A menu will appear on the bottom right.
- Click on ‘Move’
- Move and drop the app in the first row.
- It will now appear on your home screen in ‘Your Apps & Channels’ list.
- Launch the app.
Optus Sport on FireStick Features
- In addition to live matches, you can also watch your favorite matches on Optus Sport on demand.
- You can also explore matches under a specific team rivalry that exists in the world of football.
- The free version lets you access a limited range of content while the premium version gives you access to everything available on the app for only $14.99/month.
- It exclusively hosts all the matches of UEFA Champions and Europa League Live.
- Standard video quality is 720p but Optus 5G customers can enjoy some live matches of EPL and Champions League in 4K Ultra HD.
Optus Sport on FireStick Alternatives
These are some streaming apps that would give you access to a large library of TV channels, some of which are sports channels and a few would be dedicated to football matches and other related programs.
- Sky Go on FireStick
- Vola Sports on FireStick
- fuboTV on FireStick
- DStv on FireStick
- Spectrum TV on FireStick
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Optus Sport app free?
Yes, Optus Sport is free. But to access all features, you would need to buy a premium subscription which costs $14.99/month.
Can I watch Optus Sport in the US?
Since Optus Sport is an Australian app, it is only available for users in Australia.
So, to watch it in US or anywhere else in the world, you would need a VPN connection. Follow the steps in this guide to unblock Optus Sport using a VPN.
What channels are available on Optus Sport?
You can watch Prime 7, Ten Play and other channels that show matches from Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Euro and FIFA World Cup.
Optus Sport is on the most-wanted list of all die-hard football lovers. Optus Sport on FireStick comes with the added convenience of FireStick and large display of your TV screen which is bound to get their hearts racing.
Watching live football on TV has never been easier and more fun!
With Optus Sport, can get live football matches, their on-demand replays, highlights, hot football news from anywhere in the world right on to your TV screens If you just follow this guide. Happy Football-ing!