Update: DSTV requires you to install Google Play Services which is currently not working. We will let you know once we get a new update. By now, you can use the Kodi method that has been described in this guide.
This is a step-by-step guide on how to install DStv on FireStick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
DStv Now is a free app but is only available in South Africa and other African countries. It streams Live TV, Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Kids’ content, and more.
You can sign up with service from anywhere in the world if you have a fake South African phone number and a VPN that has South African servers.
2 Ways to watch DSTV Now
We’ve discussed for you two different ways to watch DSTV Now. These methods are:
DStv Now app is supported by Amazon devices, it is possible to watch DSTV on FireStick, but it is strictly advised that you use a VPN on your FireStick device.
Our Recommended VPN – ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our recommended choice because it completely hides your IP address and keeps your online identity anonymous while you watch DSTV Now.
Get ExpressVPN today to enjoy 3 extra months free. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee policy that allows you to access all features risk-free for 30 days
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: FIRESTICKHACKS does not verify if apps, websites, or services hold a legal/official licensing of the media content that they stream. We DO NOT own, operate, or re-sell streaming sites, app, or services NOR it is administered or hosted by FIRESTICKHACKS.
How to Sign Up with DStv Now
DStv Now website only works in South Africa. If you’re outside of South Africa, you need to subscribe with a VPN that has a South African server. ExpressVPN is the best choiceto connect with a South African server.
Now follow these steps:
1. Open DStv Now website on your computer browser and click on Sign Up
2. Enter your email address and South African phone number (Get a fake number from the internet)
3. It will ask you to enter ID number OR Smart Card No Or Customer No. You can also Skip this information
4. Now you just need to create your profile
5. You’ve finally created your profile so click on it
6. This is the interface of DStv Now
Install DStv Now with Kodi
This is our recommended method. Before we begin, make sure to install and use ExpressVPN on FireStick if you are outside of South Africa. After that, follow this guide to install Kodi on your FireStick.
Now follow the instructions mentioned below:
1. Open Kodi on your FireStick, and go to Settings
2. Click on the System option
3. Select the Add-ons menu on the left-side menu and then Turn ON Unknown Sources
4. Click Yes when the box pops up
5. Go back one step and click on File Manager
6. Click on Add Source
7. A box will pop up so click on the ‘None’ option
8. Now type this URL https://k.slyguy.xyz and click OK
9. Name this URL as DSTV or any name you like and click OK
10. Now go back one step and select the Add-ons menu
11. Select Install from Zip File
12. A box will open so click on DSTV or any name you had given to that link in Step 8
13. Select repository.slyguy.zip
14. Wait a few minutes until the repository is now installed. An icon will appear at the top menu
15. Once installed, select Install from Repository
16. Then select Sly Guy Repository from the list
17. Click on Video Add-ons
18. Find and click on DStv Now from the list
19. Press Install
20. Click OK and then click on DSTV once again
21. Click on Open
22. Now Login with your email and password!
Install DStvNow on FireStick
The pre-requisite for installing DStv Now is Google Play Services. If you follow the below steps but forgot to install Google Play on your FireStick, you will receive this error:
So, when you’re done installing Google Play, follow these steps:
Step 1: Open Firestick Home
Step 2: Click on the Settings icon
Step 3: Select My Fire TV
Step 4: Choose Developer Options
Step 5: Click on Apps from Unknown Sources
Step 6: Click on Turn On
Step 7: Navigate back to the home page and select the Find menu
Step 8: Click on the Search option
Step 9: Type “Downloader” and select it from the list
Step 10: Select the Downloader icon
Step 11: Click on “Download” and wait for the app to install
Step 12: Wait until the download is completed
Step 13: Click on Open to run the Downloader app
Step 14: Once the downloader opens, click on Allow
Step 15: A prompt will be displayed, click OK
Step 16: By default Home tab would be open with a text box displayed on the right side
Step 17: On the Downloader home page, enter this URL bit.ly/dstv-now and click GO
Step 18: Click on Download APK
Step 19: The download will now start
Step 20: Once the download ends, click Install
Step 21: Once the installation ends, click Done
Step 22: Now select Delete
Step 23: Then click on Delete once again
That’s it! You will be able to install DStv on your FireStick device.
How to Access DStv Now on FireStick
Step 1: Long press the Home button on FireStick Remote and click on Apps
Step 2: Scroll down and click on DStv Now app
Step 3: Log in with DStvNow and start using the service
Step 4: After you enter your login details, click on Stream
Step 5: Now you will be able to stream without a problem
Step 6: You can categories in TV Shows as well
DStv Now on FireStick Features
- If you have a DStv login, you can watch DStv content either through live TV channels or on-demand through Catch Up at no extra charge on a big display through your FireStick.
- With a VPN, you can stream DStv live TV channels even if you’re located outside of Africa.
- Using the method in this guide, you can easily get DStv on your TV screen without the lengthy and inconvenient procedure of casting your DStv app to TV.
- You can download your favorite shows and movies on your DStv Now and enjoy them offline on your TV whenever you want.
DStv Now on FireStick Alternatives
These alternatives have a comprehensive list of on-demand content including TV shows and movies that viewers can choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Connect ID?
A Connect ID is your DStv profile that you can use to login to DStv Now on FireStick.
What DStv content can I watch on FireStick?
The live TV and audio channels and on-demand TV series, movies, and documentaries from DStv channels users can access on their Amazon device depends on their subscription package.
DStv’s digital satellite TV services have ruled over the hearts of millions of users not only in Africa but worldwide for the last two decades.
With their Fire devices, subscribers can now take their DStv experience to the next level by watching their favorite TV channels on their television screens.
We hope that this guide will help you enjoy DStv on FireStick and bring you the best of both worlds!